Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Oh, the places you will go



What a difference a year makes. Blogging wise, dearly devoted has celebrated its one-year anniversary! It did so in May but I'm only reflecting now with the major changes happening soon. This year, I got out of my metaphysical limbo, applied to grad school, and quit my job to make the move.



So, what does it mean, dear readers? I'm picking up my bags to move to Seattle! So, next week I'll be driving cross-country. In the meantime, I've been playing with Wordle, a web app that crates graphic, textual art based on reader submitted text or link. Wordle will create a visual word cloud based on randomness or frequency. Above, I entered a list of cities I've traveled or intend to. Can you guess which ones I've visited and the ones I'm itching to go next? My inspiration came from Ork's City Neighborhood posters, seen below.







Check out the results that Wordle generated when I entered dearly devoted's website:





You can customize the color, font choice, and layout to make it how you like. For a graphic geek like myself this is a fun, cheap thrill.

No comments: