Monday, March 10, 2008

Shopping bounty from New York




It's amazing what the flu can do to you. Well, I'm back to my usual self and finally got around to posting the pics of what I brought back from New York. Here's a snapshot from our hotel! I love the fact we had the view of the Chrysler Building from the 24th floor.
Shops I spent the most time in: Kinokuniya, Muji, Pearl River.



A4 notebooks, Can Can magazine, and Aya Takano postcards (unseen) from Kinukuniya. If you visit Kinokuniya in New York, you must do a lunch break in its upstairs cafe, Cafe Zaiya. The best onigiri and strawberry shortcake is there! Their basement holds their tremendous catalog of stationary goodies, I was just saddened I couldn't take more back with me home.




At the Muji store in Soho, I scored with pens, stationary box, belt bag (unseen), and pouch. I also browsed Pearl River and picked up these bento boxes. I figure I'd buy longer-lasting souveniers that served some function (no time for clothes shopping!). Perfect proportion for an office lunch, eh?






Is this not the cutest thing ever? Check out the mini chopsticks and compartmentalized boxes for your lunch.

No comments: