Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Justify my materialism




What's up with these statement posters? My last find, Keep Calm and Carry On poster, was modest, stately and added a dash of dignity to an otherwise disheveled decor approach. Now comes this shameless hussy of a statement piece: It is OK... poster by Anthony Burrill from Soma gallery, 20 pounds . Well, I shouldn't say shameless hussy because I tend to have the same mindset, ahem. Read it out loud: "It is OK for me to have everything I want." This is a statement of self-empowerment (even if cloaked by a consumerist message) that has its own dash of attitude. My reaction to this poster? Gimme, gimme, gimme. Yeah, I know. I have the impulse control of a five-year-old. Why else can I channel my material girl instincts aside from my blog?

No comments: