Tuesday, February 26, 2008

New York Find: Little Apple, Japanese Photographer's Fashionable Kids Snapshots



I found this cute photo book at Kinokuniya in Midtown Manhattan. Little Apple (Barefaced New York Kids) by Satoru Ishikawa is a series of children's photographs taken in New York at various kid friendly locales (Magnolia Bakery, anyone?). The Japanese photographer, who lives in the city, captures the cheeky and stylish toddlers, detailing the venues and the kids--whether they're in a happy, goofy, or badass mood (check out the toddler above). Written in Japanese, the book is worth the price just for the portraiture and list of cool, hip (and kid-friendly) places to check out in the city (the venues are listed in English). Book information is supplied by Google's Japanese translation so pardon if it's a bit off.
Little Apple by Satoru Ishikawa, $23.95 (Click on US Shopping Cart to add to order)
ISBN: 9784812433621/4812433622

2 comments:

beanblossom said...

Oh no! I will have to buy this!

I have a humungo collection of books from Kinokuniya in San Francisco. I forgot about their being one in NYC. Hmmmm...

The Big Apple was on my "Maybe" list for a vacation in April. I think it just was moved up to "Definitely".

ms.dearlydevoted said...

Yep! You can order it from Kinokuniya from the last link I provided. Just click on the English translate button and it'll convert to a US shopping cart :D

But its much more fun to peruse and impulse buy there---I wish I could have brought back more! :)